Good Afternoon BMSS Families!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Here is your weekly updates and announcements.
* As part of accreditation preparations, we would like you to click here to take the purpose statement survey. Your opinion matters and we look forward to your response submitted by the end of this week.
* Report Cards went out last Friday. Please feel free to schedule a time with the teachers of any subject you would like to discuss your child’s academic progress.
* There is no school on Thursday, November 11th.
* BMSS Scholastic Book Fair will be kicked off this Friday, November 12th. We will allow students and staff to wear their Crazy Socks. Please come out to support your school and to plant the love of books in your child’s hearts and minds.
* Mark your calendars November 18th at 5pm for Thanksgiving Family Night. Click here for the flyer.
* Parents, make sure to increase i-Ready usage of your children to help them be prepared for our Second Diagnostic Test which will take place at the beginning of December.
* The School Advisory Committee will be discussing school improvement plan(click to review) tomorrow. Please feel free to join us if you would like to share your input. The meeting is at 4.30pm via zoom. Below is the meeting invitation
Meeting ID: 838 383 9017, Passcode: 3533
* Being aware of challenges of helping kids, as a parent of two kids and an educator, I would like to recommend two books that you might enjoy reading.
The Whole-Brain Child (12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind) by Daniel J. Siegel, Tina Payne Bryson
Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child (Eliminating Conflict by Establishing Clear, Firm, and Respectful Boundaries) by Robert J. Mackenzie
I would like to leave you with the following quote on gratitude:
“Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.”- Voltaire