Good Afternoon BMSS Families!
This is Principal Gunes with your weekly updates and announcements.
• Today is the first day of February, Black History Month.
• This week is another Spirit week at BMSS! Details are below;
- Tuesday, February 2nd….."Dress Like Your Future Career”
- Wednesday, February 3rd…..“Dress Your Wackiest” (Keep school appropriate)
- Thursday, February 4th…..“Dress Like You are Back In The 90’s”
- Friday, February 5th…..“Dress To Represent Your Culture”
• Mark your calendar February 10 @ 9am for a guest speaker of Black History Month. The speaker of the event is Tyler Cordell, Coach of Columbia University in NYC Women’s Basketball Team. Details are to come!
• Saturday Academy will be in session this weekend. Encourage your child to attend. Every minute counts!
• After school tutoring sessions started two weeks ago. Communicate with the teachers to benefit from those sessions.
• Last, but not least; mark your calendar February 19 @1.30 for BMSS Black History Month celebration event which is via zoom. Details are coming soon!
The character trait of February is “Kindness”. I would like to leave you with this quote;
“Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate” --Albert Schweitzer
Have a productive week, Dolphins!