Good Evening BMSS Families!
This is Principal Gunes with your weekly updates and announcements.
I hope you are doing well and staying safe.
• I would like to start with thanking our parents who joined us for Welcome Picnic last Saturday. BMSS is our baby. Let’s be involved and own it.
• i-Ready Diagnostic test has been finalized for almost everyone and the impact of Covid-19 is visible on the results. It is highly recommended parents should watch students’ progress closely and make sure they get extra support, one of which is Saturday Academy. Encourage your child to attend.
• As part of accreditation process, we need to survey each stakeholder. Please take the School Climate Survey if you have not done yet; https://eprovesurveys.advanc-ed.org/surveys/#/action/140213/59091
• The first quarter will end on October 19th. Report Cards will go out on October 23rd via email. Please be sure your Tiger(s) is up to date with all assignments by checking BMSS Connect and communicate with the teachers if there is any help needed.
•Attendance is the key for success. Students should be on time every day for every period.
• This week is a spirit week.
Tuesday: Wacky Tacky Day (Wear a mismatch assortment of clothes and accessories)
Wednesday: Sports Team Day (Show us your favorite sports team)
Thursday: War of Colors (K: Blue, 1-2: Green, 3-4: Yellow, 5-6: Orange, 7-8: Red, Staff: Purple)
Friday: Keep it Classy (Best dressed, Tie, Dress)
•October 16th is early release day. Students will be dismissed at 12.30. After School Care will start at 1pm. Please plan accordingly.
The character trait of this month is Cooperation and I would like to leave you with this quote;
“Coming together is beginning, keeping together is progress, and working together is success.” – Henry Ford
Let’s make it a great week. Goooo Dolphins!!!