Good Evening BMSS Families!
This is Principal Gunes (your favorite one?) with your first of many Weekly Parent Letters that will update you weekly for the 20-21 Academic School year. Each Monday evening you will receive this letter about events going on in the school and information to keep in mind.
We have started off really well with the teacher planning days. With all the bumps, hurdles and transition, it just shows that BMSS is committed to making this work for our students and parents (look at some of those classroom pictures attached!). We are in this together! Please do not hesitate to reach out for help and resolutions to any difficulty you might be facing during this transition. We love and care for our students, their families, and wish for the very best in the weeks and months to come. We have got this and you do too! What we are implementing is new to all of us and it may come with some challenges. Please help us go through this as we try to educate our students as best as we can. The theme of the month is FLEXIBILITY!
• There will be a parent information session tomorrow at 10am for Distance Learners (in-person parents had it today). Here is the meeting information;
Meeting ID: 897 0526 8434
• The attached forms, Annual Notice to Parents/Guardians and Title-1 Annual Parent Meeting flyer, are for your information. The meeting link for Title-1 Annual meeting will be sent out later.
• Students will be joining Google Classrooms. Attached, you will find a guideline on how to join a class.
• Extra Chromebooks we purchased have not arrived yet. Families who are urgently need a device from the very beginning and could not get one today will be provided all-in-one desktops. To request one, stop by the front office with an appointment tomorrow.
• Bagged lunches will be available from 11am to 12.30pm as a drive-through pick up to those distance learners who requested. Arrangement has to be made.
• Students who are coming to the campus will be required to read in the morning from 7.30 to 8:00. Every child needs to bring a reading book of their choice (school appropriate) with them.
• Did you know BMSS strives to be recognized as a School of Character? We embed character education into student daily life. Our Dolphins will be focusing on Responsibility this month.
• Thanks to those parents who are interested in becoming a member of SAC (school advisory council). Elections will be done coming days.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your child’s teacher. Mrs. Williams, Dean of Academics, is also here to assist.
Those are your updates. Let’s make it a great school year. Goooo Dolphins!!!