Good Afternoon BMSS Families!
I hope all the families had a restful break and fun with their loved ones. We hope to have a better year that is full of learning, happiness, health, and excitement. Here is your weekly updates and announcements.
* Setting up some goals as a new year resolution is a way to motivate ourselves. As educators, including parents, we should keep our students in mind when doing that. Here is a couple of ideas can be considered when making our lists;
- I will spend more time reading with my kids and take them to a library once a week,
- I will make sure to find more activities that is beneficial for the health of our body and mind which will reduce the amount of time my kids spend on social media,
- We will eat more healthier as a family,
- I will keep track of my child’s academic progress and communicate with teachers right away if needed,
- I will remind my kids how awesome they are, reward them more, and set short term goals together.
* BMSS Winter Concert was one of the best of all time. We appreciate all the parents who came out to support our students. To see the pictures from the event and a video of amazing duet of Ms. Walker and Mr. Oduwole, please click here.
* Time will go fast and State Standardized tests will be happening sooner. It is important to attend school to not miss any instruction and be prepared for the exams.
* Monday, January 10, is early release day. Students will be dismissed at 25. It is also aftercare start time.
* Tuesday, January 11, is teacher planning day. No school for students.
* Enrollment for 2022-23 school year is open. Please tell your family and friends about us who might be interested in joining our Family.
I would like to leave you with the quote on leadership below:
“Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” —Jack Welch
Have a productive week! Gooo Dolphins!