Good Evening BMSS Families!
This is Principal Gunes with your weekly updates and announcements.
* Thanks to those who came out to join us for the Annual BMSS Welcome Back BBQ. The rain in the second half made it more fun. Everyone seemed to be socializing and enjoying the time together. We look forward to seeing you all in the future events.
* Another reminder that the Parent Training Academy conducted by the district is around the corner. Here is the flyer of the event. Make sure to register to join the event.
* Please mark your calendar September 30, @5.30pm for Parent Coffee Night where you will have a chance to learn about some academic tools and resources, share your concerns with the admin team and give us feedback, and enjoy coffee and snacks. We will be in room 143.
* Students who have perfect attendance during the days of October 11-15 will be rewarded by free ice-cream.
* Looking at the i-Ready diagnostic results and FSA data from last year, as a team we have concluded that students need more support in math and reading. In order to meet that need, we decided to implement at least two days of extended learning opportunity for those students. This free of charge tutoring will take place after school to increase attendance. We regretfully inform you that this would be only possible by eliminating non-academic clubs. Starting on October 4, we will not offer non-academic clubs. Please look for a letter for details to be sent home tomorrow.
* In addition to CHAMPS, BMSS is starting to implement Dolphin Dollar positive behavior system. With that, students will be able to earn dollars and shop from Dolphin Dollar Store every other week. Please click here for targeted behaviors.
I would like to leave you with this quote below:
“Learning is a result of listening, which in turn leads to even better listening and attentiveness to the other person. In other words, to learn from the child, we must have empathy, and empathy grows as we learn.” -Alice Miller
Have a productive week! Goooo Dolphins!