Good Evening BMSS Families!
This is Principal Gunes with your weekly updates and announcements.
* Parents need to be aware there is a new nationwide challenge in social media encouraging students to vandalize school property. Fifth through eight grade classes were visited and students were briefed about it this morning. Make sure to have a conversation with your child of making a smart choice since the consequences start with three days of out of school suspension and may even result in immediate expulsion.
* This is just another reminder that the first spirit week of the school year is scheduled to the week of September 20th. Let’s encourage your child to participate in this fun and spirit building activity.
Monday 20th- 80's VS 90's Day: Dress up like they did in the 80's or 90's.
Tuesday 21st- Athletes VS Mathletes: Dress up as an athlete or a mathlete.
Wednesday 22nd- Twin and Opposite Day: Dress up looking like twins or as opposites.
Thursday 23rd- Tourist Day: Dress up as a tourist ready to vacation.
Friday 24th- Class Color Day: Wear your class color that will be shared by teachers.
* September 20th is the day to issue Interim Reports. Please communicate with the teachers if you have any questions or concerns.
* Please mark your calendar September 25th from 12.30 to 2.30 for BMSS Traditional Welcome Back BBQ. Bounce house, cotton candy, face painting, games, free food and drinks, and more surprises will be waiting for your families and friends. RSVP by clicking here if you have not done already.
* Another reminder that the Parent Training Academy conducted by the district is around the corner. Here is the flyer of the event. Make sure to register to join the event.
* Please mark your calendar September 30, @5.30pm for Parent Coffee Night where you will have a chance to learn about some academic tools and resources, share your concerns and feedback with the admin team, and enjoy coffee and snacks.
* Students must be in school uniform unless told otherwise. Also, be reminded that hoodies are not allowed.
I would like to leave you with this quote below:
“Change begins with understanding and understanding begins by identifying oneself with another person: in a word, empathy. The arts enable us to put ourselves in the minds, eyes, ears and hearts of other human beings.” -Richard Eyre
Please enjoy your weekend and remain safe! Goooo Dolphins!